Monday, March 12, 2012

Finger & Fistula Update

Jim’s last appointment with his finger doctor went well. It is healing nicely and looks like skin grafting will not be necessary. He keeps it uncovered for a few hours a day and no longer needs to keep a splint on it.  He goes back in a couple weeks for his next appointment.

His fistula…not so good. It does appear that there is no blood flow through the vein. Before he proceeds with another surgery to find another way to hook up, the vascular surgeon would prefer to see what the outcome of my test (tomorrow in fact) as to whether or not we are able to continue with a transplant. If a transplant is imminent, there is no need to further pursuing the fistula. So I guess it’s all up to me!!

Tomorrow I’m having my radioactive tracer done which gives a better idea of my kidney function.  I am to be at Barnes at 9:00 and the entire procedure will last 4 hours. Every hour my blood is checked to get a reading of my kidney function. I’ll post more tomorrow, but in the meantime….please keep praying that my kidney function will be sufficient to proceed with the transplant.

No comments: