Friday, February 10, 2012

Back on Track

I have been working really, really hard for the past 9 months on getting my blood pressure under control. At my doctor’s visit on Monday, I was getting good readings. Dr. Roth has been increasing the dosage of my blood pressure medication gradually and I am officially on just 1 medication. This is one of the requirements in order to be a kidney donor.

I also started Weight Watchers about 5 weeks ago and have lost 6 lbs (hopefully more….weigh-in is tomorrow!) and she thinks that may have also helped. I’m continuing to go to the meetings and hopefully will continue to lose weight.

I contacted Jean, the transplant coordinator at Barnes, this week and after discussing with the transplant team, I am officially reactivated as a potential living donor.  I can now proceed with the rest of the testing. I have an appointment on Wednesday, February 22nd to go to Barnes for additional blood work, screenings and x-rays. Once that is complete, the next step is a CT angiogram of my kidneys where they run dye through my veins to make sure my kidneys are properly functioning.

While this seems to have been a long detour….hopefully we are back on track.

No comments: