Thursday, November 3, 2011

Bump in the Road....

I received a phone call from Jean in the transplant unit who reviewed my paperwork that I submitted. They are still concerned with my blood pressure being too high to be a donor. I have tried for the past 6 months to be on only 1 blood pressure med (doctors orders) but my blood pressure still is too high. She advised that diet and exercise would help lower my blood pressure, so now I am attempting to do both (diet & exercise) in hopes this will aid in lowering my b/p. I am going to continue to work with my doctor on trying additional meds. Keep your fingers crossed and prayers coming (and hopefully the cravings I'm having for Oreos will pass).

In the meantime, there is no further testing I can do. If I am not able to be a donor, we're back at square one. If anyone is interested in being a donor...contact Jim's kidney transplant team at Barnes Hospital at 1-800-633-9906 (option 2).

Jim is still scheduled to continue his testing. He is scheduled for a stress test and other tests on November 16th. Once his testing is complete, hopefully he will be put on the UNOS transplant list and the wait for a donor begins.

My thoughts
Everyone should sign their drivers license to be an organ donor. Something so simple could save the lives of so many people. Just recently we lost a couple of friends of ours unexpectedly. I can't help but think what happened to their kidney?? Could it have been used to help Jim or someone else. It is something we don't think about until we need it....

No comments: