Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Another Day of Testing.....

Today Jim had more testing for his kidney evaluation. He had previously done all this last August with the exception of the stress test. His day started out with a Dobutamine Stress Test. This particular type of stress test is done on patients not able to exercise. A drug called Dobutamine is used to make your heart beat harder and faster as if you were exercising. Images will help determine if there is an area of your heart muscle that is not receiving enough blood. It lasted about an hour and went well.

He then preceded to the lab to have 27 viles of blood drawn (sounds like enough blood to feed all of the Twilight characters). He also had a chest x-ray, EKG and dental panorex x-rays done.

Now we wait to hear from Mitch, his transplant coordinator as to what his next steps are. Hopefully he will be put on the transplant list right away.


My blood pressure update....I continue to change my medications in hopes of lowering my blood pressure. I am watching closely what I'm eating, I have starting walking a mile a day and hoping this will help.

No comments: