Sunday, September 12, 2010

The More the Merrier

Susan Martin, Jim's transplant coordinator called last week with Lindsay's test results. She too is a match to be Jim's kidney donor. However, they would need to do more extensive blood work and testing before she could be the donor to see if she is a carrier of PKD. She said that typically if you do not show any signs of cysts on your kidneys by the age of 30, you most likely are not a carrier. Since Lindsay is only 25, she could still develop PKD showing signs within the next few years.

Having said that....I would prefer to be the donor since we know that I am a match. She also said if anyone else still wants to be tested to do so. "The more the merrier" were her exact words. Alot could happen within the next year, so having multiple donors already worked up is a good thing.

My thoughts. As a mom, I would prefer to have Lindsay keep all her body parts "in tact". I'm very proud of her for stepping up to want to help her dad. Hopefully I will be able to be the donor and Lindsay will be the one to take of the both of us!!!

No comments: