Wednesday, November 14, 2012

PD Cath is in Place....

Today was Jim's surgery to place the PD catheter in his belly. While surgery was only about 45 minutes, the pre-op and post-op time was long. Jim had alot of pain post-op and we had to wait until his pain was under control before we could leave. He continues to take his pain meds every 4 hours. The ride home was bumpy and uncomfortable for him and he was quite nauseous by the time we arrived home. He's been resting comfortably. We will see what tomorrow brings...

My thoughts: I can vividly remember seeing Jim's grandma and his mom being in this same position. It saddens me that I didn't help them more while going through their treatment. I probably could have learned alot. I honestly believe they are both helping him through this.

No comments: